Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Need to Apologize.........

First I apologize for neglecting my Blog and not keeping you up to date on the happenings around Kings Point and Sun City Center. Secondly, I need to apologize for referring to Sun City Center as Sun City. I honestly did not realize that they were two different cities in Florida. It won’t happen again. In fact I had to do a little clean up on my website too.

It has also been brought to my attention that Golf Carts can no longer gain access to the Wal-Mart. It turns out that they would have to cross a marked highway to get to the new Wal-Mart and that would be illegal.

Thank you to the person who wrote me a very nice note and straightened me up on the mistakes I had made on my Blog.

Most of the “Snowbirds” arrived on January 2 or a few days later, so it is hopping around Kings Point these days. The clubhouses are buzzing, the golf courses full, and you can hear laughter coming from all the other various courts.

If you haven't checked out Pickleball yet, make sure to mark Februay 9, 2008 on your calendar. The Kings Point Pickleball League is hosting a "Winter in Paradise Wingding". For more information check out their website at http://www.gotpickleball.com.

I picked up the “Kings Point Pointer” when I was at the clubhouse on Monday. There are some really great events coming up that you won’t want to miss out on. Tickets are available for Kings Point residents ONLY beginning the second Monday of the month at the Box Office. However, Kings Point residents may purchase up to a maximum 4 Guest tickets.

The Kings Point North Clubhouse Borini Theatre will host entertainment such as Lynda Carter (aka Wonder Woman), The Temptations , “Red, Hot and Blue” a group of talented performers who sing and dance their way through a century’s worth of music, Xavier Cugat Orchestra, and the “Dukes of Dixieland”.

The Kings Point South Club has a “Rockin’ Rendezvous” with rowdy music and dance every Thursday from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. I heard it did get pretty rowdy last week. On Fridays they have a Cook Out on the Pool Deck from 11:00am to 2:00pm. There is also going to be a Super Bowl Party on Feb 3. (Go Pats!! My neighbor told me to say that…..I’m staying neutral)

They have some great Special Bus Trips planned too. Trips coming up are quite a few dinner theatre shows, shopping trips, cruises, shopping trips, restaurant lunches and dinners, and some local festivals.

I would love to hear your comments on this and previous Blogs. Tell me what you want to learn about Sun City Center, Florida. Or better yet, please be my guest and write up an article that I can post. I promise I will give you full credit.

Don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.snowbirdnests.com/

No comments: