Monday, March 10, 2008

Going Green!!




When we think of March we think of St. Patrick’s Day A.K.A. St Paddy’s Day. I have images of people wearing green for good luck and drinking “green beer” stuck in my head.

Since we are in a “Green” month it got me thinking about all the hype of “Going Green”. I’ve got to give kudos to the residents of Sun City Center and Kings Point who drive their golf carts around. That has got to be the greenest form of transportation that I know of!! I saw a report the other day that said 46% of the residents use their carts for getting around the community for things other than golfing.

March is also shaping up to be a busy month for the residents of Kings Point. Pat Boone, the Jack Daniels Band, Charo, and in my humble opinion I think, the best of all will be ……”The Amazing Kreskin”. I remember watching him on TV many years ago, and I was always awed by his performances.

They also have a couple St. Patrick’s Day parties. There can never be too many of them. On the 12th there will be a “Green and White” Line Dance at the KP Borini Theatre. On the 17th there will be a St. Paddy’s Day Dinner Dance. Both are BYOB events.

If you looking for a lively time the South Clubhouse is still the place to be on Thursday nights. On the 13th they are hosting a Lip Sync Contest and prizes will be given out for the best impressionist and best costume. The Rockin’ Rendezvous continue on the 20th and 27th.
I would love to hear your comments on this and previous Blogs. Tell me what you want to learn about Sun City Center, Florida. Or better yet, please be my guest and write up an article that I can post. I promise I will give you full credit.
Don’t forget to check out our website at http://www.snowbirdnests.com/

No comments: